NEWBORN - Best Carrying Styles
What is the best carry for a newborn?
Don't know which carry to use? Check out the selected videos below for the best positions during Baby's first 4 months.
We recommend the following carries for several reasons:
- The legs and arms are brought together
- Baby is firmly maintained under his bottom
- The spinal curve is preserved
- The head is lined with the spine: it doesn't flop in any direction
- The natural froglegged position isn't bothered by fabric between the legs
The Front Carry, Double Hammock style: Up to 14 lbs / 0-4 months
Off-Center Front Carry: Up to 11 lbs/ 0-3 months
Baby is hungry!
Nursing – Breastfeeding: Up to 13 lbs / 0-4 months
Nursing – Head Outside Wrap: Up to 13 lbs / 0-4 months